Do YOU know the quality of air you breathe? Many people do not.
Air quality (AQ) and its impacts are rarely discussed. It remains a silent killer.
Breathe Easy is looking to change that.
A little bit about Breathe Easy:
- We are a citizen science initiative driven by volunteers and advisors
- We're tracking air quality throughout Ottawa. We are on the hunt for ‘hot spots’, where the air pollution levels are potentially dangerous to our health
- We have also been researching work by others, gathering current information in this subject area
- We are cooperating with a research group from the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- We are continuing to expand the project. Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form!
Check out what we've done:
What do we know so far?
- While Ottawa's single government-operated AQ station tends to report AQ in the low risk range, we have found many air pollution hot spots across the city where AQ is clearly in the dangerous range
Take a peak at our publications:
- Preliminary project report
- Having a bad air day? (National blog)
- How’s the air you’re breathing today? The BreatheEasy project can help you find out (Project update)
- How we'll help Ottawa get a better handle on air quality (Ottawa Citizen)
- They'd like to clear the air — pollution in Ottawa is slowly killing us (Ottawa Citizen)
- Ottawa has an air pollution problem and it's time we tackled it (Ottawa Citizen)
- The Sneaky Culprits Behind Residential Air Pollution (blog)
- That Nice Smell of Wood Smoke in The Air - Maybe It's Not So Nice (blog)
- How serious is air pollution? We need to dig a little deeper to find out (blog)
- BAD AIR DAY (blog)
Watch our multimedia:
- Webinar with journalist Beth Gardiner
- Breathe Easy Presents: Lessons from London with Dr. Gary Fuller
- All Hands on Deck - How's the Air You're Breathing?
Check out related content:
Have questions? Get it touch! Send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Click here to make a charitable donation towards our air quality work.