Volunteers are the heart of the Prairie Chapter of the Sierra Club of Canada Foundation!
We are a grassroots organization. That means our mission is to empower our members to become active participants and voices on local issues and to be agents of change.
Become a member:
Join a movement that focuses on local, regional, and national targets to find holistic approaches to addressing climate change and local environmental issues.
Benefits of becoming a member:
- Elevate local initiatives and priorities to provincial and national platforms
- Meeting like-minded people through social activities, local outings, events, and conferences
- Newsletter containing information on current initiatives, upcoming events, background information local environmental issues
- Part of an effective team, having a voice to influence club policies and voting for club leadership
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Wild Child Edmonton:
- This position is best suited for someone comfortable outdoors in all types of weather, who likes to play and can help facilitate children's imagination for exploration and outdoor activities.
- To volunteer as Wild Child Educator or Assistant, you will need to provide a resumé and interview with the Wild Child Coordinator. A clean criminal record check is also required for this position.
Winnipeg Wildflower Bed:
- We are currently looking for volunteer leader in Winnipeg interested in native plants and gardening to help with the wildflower bed (spring 2022)
Volunteer Leaders across the Chapter:
- As a volunteer leader, you are ready to invest 10 hours of your time per month to coordinate with other members and keep up to date with new developments on local issues. You would be informed on our Conservation Policies and advocate for local issues with varying levels of government.
- We are currently looking for volunteer leaders in Saskatoon & Regina interested in wetland conservation
- We are currently looking for volunteer leaders in Alberta interested in advocating against Coal development
- Our Executive Committee guides the direction of the Chapter and offers support across the different provinces and territories.
- To be eligible you need to be a member of Sierra Club Canada Foundation and currently residing within the Prairie Chapter (AB, SK, MB, NWT, NU). This commitment represents 10 hours a month which includes a monthly meeting.
- There are currently open seats on the Executive Committee. If interested please submit a cv and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you’d like to join.
- Advocacy (e.g. meeting with city council, writing letters to MP's and MLA's)
- Public speaking, giving presentations
- Research/prep for upcoming campaigns
- Governance (e.g. sitting on planning committees)
- Outreach (e.g. calling members to renew, staffing booth at events)
- Social Media and Communications
- Fundraising & events
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.